I had a think about it and I've decided to make it bigger. Instead of a 4 x 5 layout it's now a 5 x 6 layout. 5 Dresden plates across by 6 plates down. Yep, 10 more and lots more hourglass blocks (darn, just when I thought I'd seen the last of them). Finished size about 70 x 83, still a little short but I'm going to pretend that doesn't matter.
|10 More Dresdens and squares|
So with a tiny bit of creative cutting - a couple of my wedges are a teeensy bit short - I managed to cut out another 10 plates worth of wedges and enough squares for the hourglass blocks. I've definitely made the most of each fat quarter. I did have a moment of panic though(jumping up and down swearing wildly) where I cut out the first plate squares without any seam allowance. But I took a big deep breath, measured and had just enough for the extra 10, with 2 inches to spare. Phew!!
So you know what I've been doing this week. That's right,
I know I keep going on about this quilt, it seems to be taking over my life, so next week I'm going to show you some other stuff that is waiting patiently for me to the finish the SS Quilt and show them some love.