Now Lucy has such a lovely blog, she makes lovely things(and must never sleep she does so much!), she is beautiful and genuine and friendly so go check her out. This award means she likes to read my blog, which totally made me blush and also means I, um, really need to post a bit more, so that she has something to read! Its on the to-do list for 2012, a list I might add, that is getting longer all the time....
So as per the rules(for the award) I need to share seven things about me:
1. I'm not a good sharer. (I always think of great things to say once its too late)
2. I get quite grumpy if I don't have enough sleep.
3. I used to ride/own a motorbike. (but babies apparently can't hold on around the corners, so I sold it)
4. Quilting makes me happy.
5. If Bones is on TV don't interrupt, or at least wait for an advert!
6. I hate doing the dishes.
7. I seem to buy more fabric than I use, but shhhhh, don't tell TH.
Now the fun part I get to share seven blogs that I've recently discovered
1. A quilt is nice
2. ruby star rising
3. squares and triangles
4. sad patterns
5. blue is bleu
7. The Shine Project
(I will be emailing all later to pass on the award!)
So that was the kindness now to, da da dah...
A blog I follow called Threading My Way recently posted about the Pay It Forward Handmade movement. It sounded like a fun thing to do, so I decided to participate. The concept is easy. If you find a Pay It Forward post AND you blog too AND you are one of the first three commenter's on the blog post that tells you about Pay It Forward, the blog owner will make something especially for you. I am very excited about this idea and wondering what Pam is going to make for me!
**(Pam just in case you are reading this I like white(Kona snow), pink, orange, yellow, green and blue!)
Are you interested in joining Pay It Forward Handmade?
Here are the details:
1. Important! You have to have a blog.
2. I will make a little something for the first 3 blog owners who comment on this post. It will be a surprise and I will make it and send it to you some time during the next 365 days after you have commented. (just don't expect it for Christmas!)
3. Make sure you let me know your email address, or that you arent a no-reply blogger so that I can get your contact details.
4. To get a handmade present from me, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something to 3 readers of your blog. It doesn't matter what you give, as long as it is handmade by you!
5. Once you comment here, you need to post about your Pay It Forward on your blog(within 48hrs) to keep the fun going! *you can just copy the rules from me and please include the Pay It Forward badge in your post. Also, feel free to join the Flickr group to see what else is being sent!
6. Follow my blog - I'd like that but you don"t have to :)
My plan is to get to know you through your blogs and comments and flickr to figure out what would suit your fancy. So make sure to mention your likes, dislikes, favorites, crafty wishes and upcoming life events on your blog. Ideally, this will help all of us to get to know some fellow bloggers and to spread some handmade joy and cheer around. I am looking forward to reading my first 3 commenters' blogs and deciding what to make you!
See what I mean about the list getting longer!