Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Modern Mini Quilt Contest - Plan C!

Hi! Remember me?? Well I'm back to share what I've been up to.  Complete with poor photos and excessive punctuation! You lucky things :)

I  will do a catch up post soon but for now, before I run out of time, I'm entering the Modern Mini Quilt Contest over at Ellison Lane Quilts. By the skin of my teeth I might add, as the linky closes in less than an hour! Eeek! I had grand plans of a super-gorgeous-awe-inspiring quilt I would make using a block that I've redesigned but after much dithering, frustration and indecision I decided to take a step back and let it go.  It just wasn't working, so that meant it was time for a new plan! I had a new idea that I was really happy with! Unfortunately by the time I had the good idea, I did not have enough time to make it :(

On to Plan C! I decided to enter my Mini DSQ.  Plan C Finishes at 15½ " x 20".



Modern Mini Quilt Contest Entry - Plan C,  15½" x  20".


Last year I joined in with the Dead Simple Quilt Along over at Lily's Quilts.  You can read more about it here and here.  While a bit late to the party as I was trying to finish this, I did put the top together in January(not pics yet sorry!). Then because I've decided to make a "Mini Quall of Fame" (more on that later!) and because I didn't have a big enough area to lay out the big quilt, I decided to make a little one to see how the colours played together and to try out a quilting idea.



Modern Mini Quilt - Quilting texture
Once I put the top together and after quilting I thought it was a bit plain and just needed a little something extra. So I decided to add some little pops of colour in the binding.

Modern Mini quilt - Binding Detail

I love this effect and will be doing it on the big DSQ too. It gives a plain back a nice pop.



Modern Mini Quilt - Plan C - back.


Modern Mini Quilt contest Plan C - Back binding

The big DSQ is still waiting patiently for its turn....

DSQ - Dead Simple Quilt



There are lots of fantastic Mini quilts already linked up, go and have a look.

Good Luck everyone!



8 comments:

danih03 said...

I like mini and biggie both! Love the colors!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Who knew a plan C would work so beautifully ;)
The colours are so warming and great and the quilting is incredible! Gorgeous!
I've missed your punctuation terribly!!! x

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love Plan C!! The quilting and the binding are a wonderful idea!!

Mike Pearson said...

Simple, yet elegant. Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

The binding is perfect! What a sweet little quilt.

Kirsten N said...

Love both of these - and the name for your Plan C is perfect!!!

pinsandneedles said...

Wow! I love the colors and the quilting. Hope to see the big one soon.

Kate said...

That looks so good, and I love the quilting. Also, the binding is so fun with little pops of colour. Great work!!