Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Ballerina Bag.... and the Naughty Corner

Now last year for Christmas I planned and started to make my Goddaughter a Ballerina Bag or a Tutu Bag. Then I got told she was getting a Tutu for Christmas from someone else, so instead I made her a little doll quilt and pillow which, thankfully, she loved.(I'll post some pictures soon!)

So in my New Year enthusiasm, I thought that I'd finish the bag early and give it to her for her birthday in July.


But, the tulle annoyed me so much, that I put the project in the Naughty Corner and it has been languishing there for months.  Does anyone else have a Naughty Corner? My projects go there when they've annoyed me by not doing what they've been told, when I'm waiting for that "Aha" moment or when I need to make a purchase before I can finish it.

Last week I took it out, gave it a stern talking to, introduced it to my new machine(Ella) and everyone was happy. The bag was happy I was finishing it, my machine was happy to be played with and I was happy it was finally working out how it was meant to.

The pink sparkly fabric is Make Believe Star in Pink(I'm sorry I don't know the designer), the lining a basic pink pinstripe. The Bling(sequin trim and buttons) I got from my local spotlight.




The pattern was published in Patchwork & Stitching Vol 8 No 12, however Jodie from Ric-Rac has it as a free pattern, which is where I found it. So Thank you!  Now I have to say, I find it very difficult to follow a pattern, I always think "what if I?"... so I redesigned the pattern to make it more 4-year old friendly, added a second layer of tulle and shortened the handles.


So after all the delay, including an extra trip for more buttons, 'cause I broke the first ones-long story, its finally on the way to her. So Happy Birthday beautiful girl, I hope you love it and take it to dance class with you.


1 comment:

Katie said...

the final product looks really sweet!